Course Description: This 60-hour online, self-paced course meets the pre-licensing requirement to become a Real Estate Salesperson in the State of Mississippi.
Course Format: This 60-hour course consists of 25 learning units and is designed to be completed "at your own pace". Once you enroll, you can complete the course at your schedule, from any location, from any computer, day or night. Your course instructor is always available should you have questions about course content or need technical support. All materials are included in the course and can be downloaded in digital format, so there are no books to purchase.
Course Topics: This course reviews key concepts in real estate law, finance overview, agency law, lending overview, common law and statutory law, as well as coverage of Mississippi Rules and Regulations (State Law), providing the student with a full study of the principles of real estate and how to apply these principles as well as the study and application of real estate ethics.
Learning Methodology: Course learning material consists of a blend of text, visuals, and formative assessment to ensure that learning is reinforced every step of the way. At the end of the course, there is a cumuative final test designed to review the material covered in the course, as well as reinforce a range of concepts and terms covered on the written Real Estate Salespeson examination.
Technical Requirements: High-speed Internet connection (DSL or cable modem); recent version of one of the following browsers: Internet Explorer; Firefox; Chrome; or Safari. This course can be taken on an iPad, tablet or mobile device.
Course Completion: Upon succesful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate, which you will then submit along with your Application for the Mississippi Real Estate Salesperson license to the Mississippi Real Estate Commission.
1) Register for and complete our online 60-Hr Real Estate Pre-License Course.
2) Complete the MS Application for Real Estate salesperson license and submit, along with the $110.00 application fee and your certificate of course completion, to the Mississippi Real Estate Commission.
4) Once your application has been approved, you will receive written notification from the Commission.
5) Upon approval of eligibility, you will then contact PSI Services, which is the company that administers the exam, to schedule a time and date to take the examination.
6) Pass both the national and state portions of the exam with score of at least 75%.
Course Cost: $195.00
Arello and MREC-
Maselle College offers an online 60-hour real estate pre-license course for Sales Agents. Successfully completing a pre-license course is the first step in obtaining your Real Estate license. Once you have completed this course, potential sales agents can take the Sales License Exam administered by the Real Estate Commission.